Register here to attend the showcase and hear from our finalists as well as social impact leaders from around Nashville.
We are thrilled to announce the finalists of the 2016 Business for Good competition. This annual event seeks to grow the social enterprise sector and foster deeper funding relationships and the 2016 finalists represent the best of the best!
The 2016 Business for Good finalists:
- TribEndurance is the first and only nutrition bar company founded by a Kenyan runner. We make low sugar, high micro-nutrient energy bars for athletes and health conscious individuals.
- REBOOT Combat Recovery offers a combat trauma healing course focused on the spiritual and moral wounds of war.
- Everly creates natural drink mixes to help people drink more water. Our mixes are sugar free, zero calorie, and for every box of Everly purchased, we provide life-saving rehydration salts to treat children sick with waterborne disease.
- Fathom believes that by leveraging technology for entrepreneurial problem-solving, community engagement and project-based learning, we can disrupt the cycles that are perpetuating the economic and social disempowerment of marginalized youth and their communities.
Past years’ participants include:
- Hydrobee makes portable USB batteries recharged by water, wind, fire, sun and motion to provide 1 billion people in energy poverty access to a rechargeable energy source.
- Conscious Step produces socks made from organic cotton in Fair Trade conditions. For each pair sold, a fixed dollar value is donated to a charitable organization fighting to solve a social, environmental or economic injustice.
- Pro Employment: launched by Project Return to provide former offenders with transitional employment after incarceration. Through PROemployment, Project Return contracts with local businesses to provide reliable work crews while preparing former offenders to gain permanent employment. Participants gain vocational and soft skills, a recent work history, and a professional reference base to help them find permanent employment.